Link to the show: Young Adult Movie Ministry Episode 31 on Substack
Release Date: February 19, 2021
Movie of the week
Dylan Scott covers healthcare and politics for Vox.
Who the hosts are this week
Sam is a hand grenade filled with holy water. Alissa is a cat that’s running away.
- Francis Lawrence-directed music video “Alive” by P.O.D.
- John Wick
- Garth Ennis comics, including Preacher (which Sam says in retrospect is a pretty awful story)
- Paradise Lost
- Heironymous Bosch
- Hannibal (which Alissa declares the best TV show of all time)
- The Knick (which Alissa declares the other best TV show of all time)
- Alan Moore’s run of Swamp Thing (which introduced the Constantine character)
- WandaVision (like I need to explain that to anyone this year)
- The Spear of Destiny (aka the Lance of Longinus)
- Calvin & Hobbes “Boy of Destiny”
- All Star Squadron
- Deadpool and Logan (comic book movies whose purpose is to be R-rated)
- Ravi Zacharias (sigh)
- Jonesy the cat from Alien